Glacier National Park

Glacier National Park
Escaping the rat race (sheep race?)

Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Time to catch up with the world

WOW, things have been happening! Let me back track a bit. When we were in Dawson City Yukon in late June, we had an offer on our house that had been for sale for about a year. I did not want to mention this little detail in my last post as I did not want to jinx it happening. We could not pass the offer so when we got down to Tok Alaska we scrambled to find a place that I could print a copy of the contract so Sheri and I could sign it and email it back. After getting that done it was waiting time. The buyer was a cash buyer so the process was going to be quick. We told the Realtor that we would fly back and start moving out as soon as the mechanical inspection was done. I did not want to fly home to find out there was some issue that would kill the deal. The word came through on Thursday July 8th that all was good so we parked our car at the MacHuber's and caught a flight out of Anchorage at 11:15PM that night. It was the first mostly sunny day we had seen and we spent the day unloading the car and storing stuff in the basement. It was a really long flight and neither of us slept. We arrived back in KC at 11:45AM Friday morning were we were met at the airport by our friend Becky Treichel. Stepping out of the airport doors reminded me why I really did not like Missouri summers. It was miserable hot and just a taste of what was to come.

Sheri turned in her resignation at the school and the wheels were turning. We rented a storage space and started moving our stuff. Sheri focused on the house while I started on the garage. For those of you that had seen my garage know that was going to be a monumental task! I spent four days moving my garage stuff, I have WAY too much CRAP! With temps hovering in the mid 90's and the usual humidity it made it all that much more painful. After getting the garage done it was time to start moving the insides. Sheri had a great start on all the boxing so I moved all the boxes and small stuff that I could. On Monday the 19th Al Miledi took the day off work and came up to help me move all the big stuff. HUGE THANKS AL, that was above and beyond! We closed on the house on Friday the 23rd. The 24th was spent finishing up and then attending a wonderful going away party at the Treichels. It was fantastic to see a bunch of old friends. Thanks Becky and Don, you guys are the greatest! We turned over possession on the 25th and moved into my sister and brother in-laws house. It was great to be done with moving but there was still plenty to do. I sold our old fifth wheel travel trailer and the old Lincoln Town Car. Had a big yard sale and sold most of the other junk we did not want. I was able to squeeze in some bike rides and visits with old friends and Sheri made the rounds with her buddies. The two weeks spent hanging around after closing just flew by. Big thanks to Elette and Bill for letting us stay at their house, it was great.

Tuesday August 10th found us back on a plane bound for Anchorage. This flight was MUCH better as we left KC at 1:00PM (CST) and landed in Anchorage at 6:00PM (AST)

No comments:

Post a Comment